Monday 27 August 2012

LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player

 Brand LG Electronics | Model: BD650
List Price £87.46Price
£62.97
You save
GBP 24.49 (28.00%)
LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player

LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player



96 of 98 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars budget player?, 28 Dec 2011
By 
M. Tidd - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)
  
This review is from: LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player (Electronics)
Have read some 3 star reviews of this and believe they have un-fairly marked this player down because it doesn't have features that it never even claimed to have...

Just got this today for the sitting room, checked that it can play the most common types of video files that I enjoy, and can confirm that it does indeed have a very good blu-ray player function, as well as playing .avi and .mkv files perfectly. I didn't even have to adjust any settings for audio or video resolution, it auto detects what your TV screen can handle I believe, for mine it set it to 1080p 50hz and 2 channel audio... I do most of my movie watching in another room on my PS3 and bigger audio 5.1 system, but after using this today for even 10 mins or so I like this better than my PS3 for playback, so may have to even buy another one for that room and just leave my PS3 for gaming instead.

The boot up time of this player is pretty much instantaneous, if I had to hazard a guess maybe takes 5-10 seconds from hitting the on button to choosing which type of file you want to play in the menu. I updated the firmware also to the newest version found on the LG website, put it on a USB stick, booted up the player and inserted the drive, it then tells you it's found the update and confirm that you want to update the firmware... approx 10 seconds or so later it's done and rebooted the system.

The negative reviews about this are mostly because it doesn't have networking functions such as wifi, ethernet and therefore no DLNA support either.. for me this doesn't bother me, I have a USB 3 hard drive and I load the files onto that to playback on the blu-ray player.. even for approx 20-30GB of files it only takes approx 5 mins to transfer from my PC onto the USB3 hard drive, so while I'm waiting I make a cup of coffee or whatever.

I only paid £42.95 delivered for this excellent piece of equipment and in my opinion is worth way more than that even... fast boot up, quick disc load times, plays many types of video and audio files both from dvd/blu-ray discs or USB devices (supports both FAT and NTFS format drives), plays subtitle files too.. ahven't checked out all the different types of video/audio/subtitle files it will handle yet, but give me time.


61 of 63 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu-ray Player, 18 Dec 2011
By 
C.K. (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player (Electronics)
Bought this LG blu-ray player for my secondary HDTV set up and it's great.
The blu-ray picture quality is fantastic, very sharp and detailed.
It also does a good job of upscaling DVDs too, delivering a pretty decent picture.
It doesn't come with a HDMI cable however so you will need to buy one separately.
Overall a great player, recommended.


16 of 16 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars It plays Blu-rays!, 16 Jan 2012
By 
Mr. G. H. Wright (Scotland) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)
  
This review is from: LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player (Electronics)
I read a lot of reviews before deciding which player to buy and there are so many negative ones out there for just about every machine. Things like

"The player doesn't have DNLA ...."

"This player takes more than 10 secs to boot it's an outrage"

"This player doesn't let you view iplayer"

... and the list goes on.

Am I confused? Isn't the job of a blu-ray player ... to play Blu-rays? With a good quality HD 1080p picture? This machine does that!

If thats what you want, if you want to buy blu-ray discs and watch them on your TV then this machine does it nicely. Not the fastest machine in the world, it's not loaded with bells and whistles. It has no ethernet connection.

I love it!

It's cheap!

It plays blu-rays!

Buy it!

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

  • LG BP120 Blu-ray Player
  • Wired--up v1.3A HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable for HD TV's/ Xbox 360/ PS3
  • 1m HDMI Cable - Professional Quality - 1080p (Full HD) - v1.3 - Audio & Video - 24k gold Plated - Stylish Metal Hood Finish - 19-pin HDMI Type C to 19-pin HDMI Type C
  • AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m
  • 2m HDMI Cable - Professional Quality - 1080p (Full HD) - v1.3 - Audio & Video - 24k gold Plated - Stylish Metal Hood Finish - 19-pin HDMI Type C to 19-pin HDMI Type C

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer : Product prices and availability were accurate at the time this page was generated but are subject to change.
Disclosure : The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fee by advertising and linking Porch Swings to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.es, amazon.co.uk, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.