Friday 31 August 2012

Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview

 Brand Panasonic | Model: DMR-EZ49VEBK
List Price £283.54Price
£221.10
You save
GBP 62.44 (22.02%)
Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview

Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview

Feature

  • DVD/VHS Recording and Playback
  • USB Port
  • Integrated Digital Tuner
  • 1080p Up-Conversion
  • 84mm x 430mm x 346mm


115 of 115 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Recording machine that can do almost anything, 3 Feb 2011
By 
Groucho Marx "jefkandoo" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview (Electronics)
The VHS on my previous EZ45 wouldn't work - and there were various other repairs needed and the freeview stopped producing a good picture, so I decided to upgrade to this model.
It's basically the same model with UsB added - though I haven't explored everything yet. Like the older machine I can easily transfer VHS tapes to DVD and record from my camcorder via the S-video [and there are other inputs too]- though, make no mistake it's a complicated gadget when you want to get the best out of it, and it takes time to work out what all the remote buttons do.
Freeview sets up easily though the programme guide display has a big empty box on the left reducing the width. [Since the unit updated itself I now know that it is a dedicated advertisement slot and you can't get rid of it! MOST ANNOYING!]
I'm glad to have a fully functioning machine once again and have no hesitation in recommending it.


53 of 53 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with product..., 7 Aug 2011
By 
Iceni Peasant (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview (Electronics)
My old Bush VCR finally died and despite the modern gadget world and the advent of recording to a SKY+ box(I still have a standard Sky Box)or other harddrive or even on to DVD, I still think VHS has its uses when just wanting to record something to see but not keep. Only the other day I wanted to see a horse race, so left the VCR to record it...it wasn't something I'd want to waste a DVD-R for or fiddle around with a DVD-RW. So VHS may have a Dark Ages tinge to it these days, but it still has it uses.

The reason for choosing this machine was mainly the DVD/VCR combination. I've been wanting to finally copy to DVD some old videos. I found the process for copying to DVD quite simple, and the results were very good quality, even from quite fuzzy old tapes.

The initial set-up was very simple. I have the machine in my bedroom and only use Sky with it. I don't have an aerial feed into the room, so I can't comment on the Freeview set-up for channels. I found the set-up with my Sky box was relatively simple.

I should say that the instruction manual looks a little scary to begin with, but I highly recommend that you spend some time reading it. Most operations you require give a fairly easy step-by-step guide. Start with the basic operation pages and read it a few times before you try to set-up everything, and get used to the little codes they use for the instructions of usage, which vary depending on the type of recordable DVD you use and the modes of recording you use, such as Long Play or Standard Play.

The Remote Control is a little scary to look at too, especially if you've never owned a Panasonic DVD player before. But again, the instruction manual soon solves the functions of various buttons.

I find recording to DVD-R very simple, as you do not need to Format the disc first. The Finalizing process was also very simple. A nice touch is when you turn the machine on, whether it's in VHS or DVD mode the LCD display will tell you how much recording space you have on the disc or tape in the machine, using your current mode.

I take one star off for some slightly nit-picky reasons. The unit is a bit slow to respond. When you turn the machine on, it will say "Hello", which is all lovely and polite, but it can take 30 seconds to 1 minute to start up and allow you to record with it. If you've just remembered a programme you want to record, it can be infuriating, waiting to finally press the record button. When you finally do press the record button it's a second or two before it actually flashes the red record symbol on the display, making you wonder, to begin with, if the remote control is working.
The unit is a little noisy, more so with VHS. It's an electronic hum most of the time, but a little louder than I'm used to. The rewind or fast forward on VHS is almost like a turbo, and makes a lot of noise too. But it's something you'll get used to.

The unit does not have a harddrive, which makes editing almost impossible when copying old tapes to DVD, but for me personally that wasn't too much of a bother.
For the price, this is a very good quality machine, and does exactly what it says on the tin! I'm so pleased with the overall quality that when I eventually get myself a new TV I intend to look at Panasonic ones first.


23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Video/DVD, 26 April 2011
By 
RayM - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview (Electronics)
Bought this item for my parents who do not have SKY or a recordable hard drive facility. Like all Panasonic items this is an excellent product, great value for money as it was on offer. It must be easy to use as my Dad can use it. The delivery of the product was easy to follow and it arrived in super fast time. I would have no problem in recommending this item.

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

  • Toshiba DVR20 Digital DVD Recorder and VCR with Freeview
  • Panasonic DMR-EX99VEBK 250GB HDD DVD/VHS Recorder with Freeview+
  • Panasonic DMR-EX83EB-K 250GB HDD DVD Recorder with Freeview+
  • Panasonic 3x speed, 4.7GB, 10 pack DVD-RAM Disc
  • Panasonic DMR-EX773EBK 160GB HDD DVD Recorder with Freeview+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer : Product prices and availability were accurate at the time this page was generated but are subject to change.
Disclosure : The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fee by advertising and linking Porch Swings to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.es, amazon.co.uk, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.